Vauxhall Motors raised the ‘Green’ standard for Corporate Social Responsibility today as they began their initiative to ‘help save the planet’ in conjunction with The Green Organisation by planting the first trees in a new development in The Heart of England Forest in Bidford on Avon, Warwickshire. The Heart of England Forest Project is a partnership initiative between Warwickshire landowner, Felix Dennis, and The Heart of England Forest Ltd., a registered charity.
Ian Allen of Vauxhall Motors and Roger Wolens, md of The Green Organisation
Ian reminded us that: “It is the espoused view of Vauxhall Motors that serving and improving the communities in which we live and work is one of the company’s key global purposes.
An important part of that is the steps Vauxhall Motors’ takes to minimise its impact on the local environment. Vauxhall will continue to build on these initiatives in the workplace in 2015, but would also like to highlight some of the environmental efforts you are making outside of work.”
Commencement of the first tree planting under the direction of Mr Ian Allen of Vauxhall
Looking back, 2014 was quite a year for Vauxhall in terms of raising environmental awareness and improving behaviour. Highlights included:
– Winning two awards at the Green Organisation’s Green Apple Awards
– All UK sites being operationally landfill-free
– Launching the Vauxhall Forest and the Green Shopping Mall on World Environment Day
– UK sites being operationally landfill-free
– Implementing the Cycle to Work scheme
– Introducing the Green Room in Griffin House
– Participating in Climate Week
– Encouraging better recycling at Griffin House
– Continuing focus on environmental and issues in the Green space section of Torque – the company magazine
Members of The Heart of England Forest with Ian and Roger
Ian & Roger prepare to cut the sod!
The Green Organisation MD Roger Wolens recently helped Vauxhall Motors to start the planting of their Vauxhall Forest. “We are also working closely with other members and winners on various environmental initiatives. IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU?“